Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Now I know what FEAR is...


I had never stopped to think what FEAR really was like. I think I wouldn´t have known how to explain what it is before, because although I have always been a very scary person, I knew that the strange noises I heard at night or the horror stories I loved reading didn´t really scare me; they only accelerated the beat of my heart. But now I can tell and explain perfectly well what it is and how you feel.

Everything started one late friday evening. My friends and I left the school thinking about our summer holidays and all the things we were going to do. But it was time to celebrate first, so we decided to go to the lake for a swim. As soon as we arrived, all of us went into the water. It was still hot and sunny and there was a nice smell of dry grass and flowers in the air. I went out of the water and lay on my towel. I closed my eyes and listened to the birds; I was feeling great! I started to imagine what the rest of my holidays would be like, so many plans... It was getting dark, so my friends came to tell me they were leaving. I was feeling so good that I told them to start without me; that I would catch them up in a couple of minutes.
I just can´t remember how long I remained there alone; no more than two minutes really when, suddenly, I felt someone grab my feet and hands and take me into a car. I stayed in the car for a long time, but finally they took me out and left me in a room tied to a chair. I tried to relax, thinking that it was one of my friends´jokes, but it wasn´t...

Two weeks had already gone and I continued in that room; it was getting harder and harder. I remembered then that I liked imagining things. "This will help me not to go crazy", I thought. I closed my eyes and imagined I was escaping, that I could find my friends and return home... All seemed so real that when I realized that everything was false, I started to cry.

Now I continue here in my prison, tied, alone... Now I know what FEAR is: it is not to see your parents, relatives, friends,... to know that you are alone and that for a long, long time you will probably continue like that.

Laura San Martín 3ºA

HELP US FINISH LAURA´S NIGHTMARE!!. Continue the story using these questions as a possible guide:
  • Where is the girl?

  • Who has taken her there? Why?

  • What do they want from her?

  • Can you help her get out of there?...
Send us your story by e-mail or hand it in and we´ll publish it. We´re looking forward to them!!